Friday, September 16, 2011

Dot Dot Dot


Since this is my first post, I would like to warn any reader or follower that this might go a bit slow in the beginning.

Hi, my name is Richard Barry and I have been diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis (MS). The news broke on Tuesday morning 6 September 2011. I think, well actually I know, this will be one of those defining moments in life, where you will always remember where you have been, who surrounded you, even in my case, the frantic search for a pen and paper to write down the details.

Yes, the news of finally getting a diagnosis shook my world, and just over a week later knowing what I know today, it still shakes my world. The reason for blogging about me and my condition is to make more people aware of MS and what to expect should you go through the same journey as I am.

Over the next few weeks, I will be writing about myself, my background, how we got to this stage and also a extremely truthful reflection of MS. This online diary is for myself and for once in my life I am going to be extremely selfish talking about my feelings, my expectations, my symptoms and my journey. But I do encourage you to walk with me through this journey and please feel free to contact me should you have some remarkable stories to share or any questions in general. I will try and answer as best to my possibility and if I cant, I will try and get the best answer for you.

Since MS is part of me and I am not part of MS, MS need to fit into my lifestyle and will not stand in the way of me being me. Therefore, this blog is going to be my online diary and also a very personal view of my life.

One of my passions in life is photography, and all photo's that will be posted on this blog is my own. I would try to always start or end my post with a picture that I took.

I hope you enjoy this journey with me!

Today's picture:

Faces of confusion...

I took this picture when we visited the Jewish museum in Berlin, June 2007. This picture have always been very close to me and always have been an unspoken truth about life. Even the metal faces is dead, it is loaded with emotion, and confusion.

June 2007
Berlin
Germany

No comments: