Monday, September 19, 2011

Looking in...


I eventually got referred to a Neurologist on Sunday afternoon 28 August 2011. On Tuesday 30 August I finally managed to get around scheduling an appointment with the Neurologist. The very first available time and date that the Doctor could see me was for Monday 5 September. 

I decided to put a day's leave in, to ensure that I have ample time to ask all the relevant questions that I do have for the Doctor and to be perfectly honest with you, to ensure that I do get my full R 630 worth of Doctors visit! Well, was I surprised? 

After the usual filling out of forms, writing out all the details necessary, putting down my signature, which is pretty much normal procedure, I meet my Doctor. What I absolutely loved was for the very first time in a very long time I got the idea that the Doctor are really interested in what I have to say. There were notes made, questions asked, more questions asked and tying to get me to answer in the best possible way. 


One thing that I did well before I had my appointment was, I made a full list of my medical history to present to the Doctor. This was extremely helpful for both myself and I would like to believe the Doctor as well. The benefit my list held for me was, that I did not forget to mention anything that could have been vital in my diagnosis. I will post my list very shortly on the MS Parachute blog for your reference.


After a thorough consultation where the Doctor also did various test on me, we decided that it will be in my best interest to go for a MRI (Magnetic resonance imaging) scan. In the next few days I will tell you more from my experience with the MRI scan and why the MRI scan plays such a vital role in detecting Multiple Sclerosis.

I trust you all had an extremely good weekend, and I would like to believe that the week ahead would also serve you well! 
Today's picture:

Overexposure...

This shot was taken at a wedding last year November. It was an outside open air wedding and very close to nature. The ceremony was held in the middle of a bit of a clearing amongst these beautiful trees. What I take out of this photo is that with just a little bit of creativity, you can get a complete different picture than initially intended for.

13 November 2010
Balfour
South Africa


2 comments:

Dean Boltman said...

So well written and you are going to reach so many people with this information. I cannot tell you how awesome it is that you are willing and able to share this information with the world! I want to thank you for this! I also love the fact that you can tell the story from your own point-of-view! And to top it all off: you incorporate the photos that you have taken yourself, thus creating this wonderful analogy, as it were!

#thankyou

ruddels said...

Ek lees hierdie nou eers raak. Ongelooflik. Ek dink aan jou en al daar wees elke tree van die weg.